Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What funny names...

for websites. I just used a site called ScreenToast to record myself demonstrating something on my computer. You can see it here. I think it is amazing to see all that you can do through the internet now. You used to need sophisticated equipment to do what is now so simple and free through a single website. ScreenToast takes the most difficult parts of putting together screen-based videos and includes them in one easy to use package.

I have often thought it would be nice to use videos like this to show students how to use many of the online resources here at Coe. Moodle, my.coe, and registration are good examples of internal sites/processes that students may need a brief overview on before they are able to use them confidently. Many of these resources take only a minute or two of orientation to get used to them. More than many of the other technologies we've learned about, I think screencasting could be very useful on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment