Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reflection on things...13 to be exact

First of all...Lisa, thank you for organizing 13 things and for allowing faculty and staff to participate. I have had numerous conversations about the weekly assignments with others and those have added immensely to my learning. I didn't dive in as much as other people did but I did let myself play around enough to see if any of these tools could benefit me in any way. I think a few can.

To see a Wordle of my blog, click here.

I really like the idea of screencasting. I plan to work with some specific functional areas to see how we can use this to our advantage. I plan on using Creative Commons for some work I've done and to access new and original items. I will continue to push the limits of Google Docs to see how they can allow for even better collaboration.

I have enjoyed this exploration and appreciate that I can do it on my own time, at my own pace. I even set up a google calendar reminder each week so I would remember to do it. Much of what I have learned about and on the internet has been by myself so it was nice to still have that feeling of self-discovery with a little guidance behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment